Clear Sealer for Spray-on Finishes Nutech SO 2000 Sealer is manufactured from Acrylic Polymer Resins, an advanced technology developed over 40 years and is specially formulated to protect spray-on decorative finishes against staining, oil and other contaminants. Nutech SO 2000 Sealer provides a highly durable surface s
Clear Sealer for Spray-on Finishes
Nutech SO 2000 Sealer is manufactured from Acrylic Polymer Resins, an advanced technology developed over 40 years and is specially formulated to protect spray-on decorative finishes against staining, oil and other contaminants.
Nutech SO 2000 Sealer provides a highly durable surface suitable for pedestrian and vehicle traffic and contains extra UV light blockers to maximise coating durability.
This product has been formulated to reduce efflorescent salts and minimize softening of new spray-on polymer concrete decorative surfaces.
Primarily developed for sealing spray-on finishes.
Ideal for the following projects
- Plain and Pattern Concrete
- Stamped Impression Concrete
- Slate Look Concrete
- Stencil Surfaces
- Highly durable
- Resistant to Oil and Grease
- Resistant to most household chemicals
- Excellent protection from fading
- Excellent protection from powdering of the coloured surface
- Non-yellowing and improves the durability and colour of the spray-on system.
Equipment & Tools
Application by broom, roller, brush or spray.
Spray-on surfaces require no special preparation prior to sealing. Surface needs to be clean and dry.
Although SO 2000 Sealer does not required thinning in hot weather the addition of 2 litres of Thinners in the final coat of sealer will reduce surface bubbling.
Sealing & Re-Application
Previously sealed surfaces should be cleaned and then scrubbed with solvent before re-sealing to guarantee adhesion.
Very old hard sealer or problem delaminating or white sealer should be scrubbed with Re-activating Solvent prior to re-sealing
It is important that the surface is clean and free of contamination including oil, grease and food.
All degreaser, Silicon and Paint should be removed from the surface before SO 2000 Sealer is applied.
Apply one or two coats of SO 2000 Sealer at 4 square metres per litre.
The first coat may be applied on new spray-on surfaces provided the surface is firm and can be walked on without damage.
Unlike most other concrete surfaces, spray-on finishes do not require acid etching prior to sealing with SO 2000.
Do not seal surfaces saturated with moisture particularly in hot weather.
When applying SO 2000 Sealer, the following important points should be considered:
- To provide a durable and weatherproof coating, at least 100 microns of sealer is required.
- Two coats of SO 2000 Sealer applied at 4-5 square metres per litre will provide this protection.
- The first coat of SO 2000 Sealer chemically adheres to the spray-on surface.
- The sealer does not require dilution with Thinners.
- Adding thinners to the sealer may soften new spray-on surfaces.
- Immediate same day sealing of the spray-on surface will reduce the possibility of efflorescent salts contaminating the surface during curing.
It is highly recommended that applicators test any Nutech system first as each surface profiles varies significantly with individual conditions.
Curing time depends on wind and temperature.
Full curing is not achieved for up to 1 week.
Allow a minimum of 2 hours between coats in warm weather and longer in cool weather
Optimum Temperature 25å¡ C SO 2000 Sealer will be touch dry in 30 minutes.
Removal and Clean Up Nutech Thinners
MSDS or PDS Sheets
For product data sheets, please see the links below and click on the required brand. All Data Sheet links will take you to that particular brands page.
If you need a specific data sheet which is not available through our online pages, you're welcome to email email@example.com with your request and we will have one emailed to you as soon as we can.
We Also Recommend